The House

The House
Here is our lovely house

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Without Further Ado... Pictures!

Here are some pics from inside the house.
Think possibilities....



Here is the living room taken from the entry, and the dining room taken from the living room. (the library is off to the right). Isn't the table in pic 1 awesome? It has a real slate top and it came with the house - what a perk! (it may have something to do with it being way to heavy to move long distances - or short distances for that matter)

Here is the kitchen. To the left is a breakfast nook, and through the door on the right is the dinning room.


This is the master from its entrance. Pic 2 is the master from the top. The walk-in closet is on the left and the master bath is in the middle.

This is the front bathroom. (aren't the pink tiles with green paint groovey?)

This is the front bedroom (currently being used for storage of drawers)





The stairs going down... The great pine room (aka "the man cave" or "the humador")


This sun room was an add on to the house. The fireplace was once outside. Now it is lovingly called the monstrousity, and it will be leaving us in the future.

Note: pictures taken after the first work day. Not any HUGE improvements happened that day aside from us making our own messes.

Pictures to come of the laundry room, down stairs kitchenette, downstairs bathroom, downstairs bedroom, and back yard.

So how is this remodel going to work? Good question. We are still going to be living in Boise through the end of the year (possibly a bit less). We'll be fixing this baby up while we are in town a couple of weekends a month, and we'll be getting some help from professionals on some things as well. Then it will be all ready for us when Terry's work gives us the green light for the big move.

Satuday we let Gary come check out his home-to-be. His little tail was wagging as he ran room to room. He gave the place a through screening, and aside from some dust, he found it to his liking.

6 comments:

Toni Marie said...

I love the master! Thanks for the lowdown on your life. Nice to hear you'll be moving closer to fam. Life seems easier w/loved ones nearer to you. I can definitely see the potential in the house and all that hard work ahead of you..but that's what makes it yours!! :) Good Luck!

Luke and Erin said...

YAY! I am not sad today :)
Wow, it is so cute! I think you for sure have a keeper! I can't wait to watch it "grow"!!!! Is it me or is your little dog not so little anymore :)
By-the-way, you can post your comments on other blogs... if you want to ;)
My older two found...all on their own... the joy of banana phones yesterday... They had a wonderful converstaion. It made me laugh and think of you ;)

Becky said...

Does your master bedroom have 2 frekaing levels?? That is so awesome! Someday, when I build my dream house, I will definately have to remember that feature. What a cute house!

Logan said...

Aren't old houses so much fun! How did people live with pink tile and green paint? Hope to come over and see it soon.

Nicki said...

Congratulations!! This is so exciting. Talk about busy girl. I hope that I get to come see you in your new home when I'm in Utah for Christmas Break! What exciting times we find ourselves in. I love you all. (Hey Terry, you rock.)

Jon and Mackenzie Kasper said...

Awesome house! This has great potential. We need to have a help party or something like that, Rex can tile, Jon can paint (a little) etc. It would be so fun!
So glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch!
Hi Gary!